Monday, August 04, 2003

punch and shecky

Slate article offers the following comparison between Joe Lieberman and Howard Dean: "If you got into a fender bender with Dean, and he got out of his car and started walking toward you, you'd be afraid he was going to hit you. If, on the other hand, you looked up and saw that the guy approaching your car was Lieberman, you'd ease up and roll down your window."

Ooh, I want to vote for the guy who would coldcock me! I want some fan of the guy who would coldcock me to start writing letters to my mom about why she should vote for him.

The article goes on to say about Lieberman: "Half the time, he looks bored and tired. The rest of the time, he tries to be funny but ends up playing Shecky Lieberman, a smut-fighting, strong-on-defense stand-up comic."

No comments: