Friday, August 08, 2003

heart of darkness, part 11

-----Original Message-----

From: Jeremy Freese [mailto:jfreese@ssc.wisc.edu]
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2003 10:40 AM
To: 'Constance Hawkins'; 'richard mongosutu'
Subject: RE: how to proceed
Constance:
Delightful!  I knew that we could count on you.  How wonderful that you will

be in Madrid next week. I presume that, once we get the monetary
conditions straightened around (but NOT before), we can move toward
setting up a meeting in Madrid and get all this resolved relatively quickly.
In a message he sent yesterday, Mr. Mongosutu mentioned that there
would be monetary conditions (that is, a fee) associated with us being
able to extract his money. I gathered from what he said that the fee
will be much less now that you will be able to conduct the transaction in
person, which means a larger cut for all of us! I assume as soon as Mr.
Mongosutu provides us with more information about these monetary
conditions we would be able to move forward. I can wire or PayPal you
whatever money you might need, Constance. However, do not agree
to anything until we have the exact conditions for going forward, as
obviously these are quite financially delicate matters, and you know
that you are not as worldly in matters of money as your brother.
I gave Mr. Mongosutu my cel phone number yesterday, but he has not 

telephoned me yet. I presume his situation is precarious and using
the phone may be dangerous. I suppose it is just as well that we are
doing this over e-mail, as I'm not sure if my service charges roaming
for calls from Africa.
--Jeremy

No comments: