Monday, August 11, 2003

heart of darkness, part 14

Mr. Mongosutu responds:
From: richard mongosutu

Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 3:06 AM
To: jfreese
Cc: constance_hawkins
Subject: RE: It is okay but..........
Dear jeremy,
I have not discussed much with the Security company on this. All we have 

said on this claim of consignment is that i want it cleared. So today i will
send the fax immediately to give me all other details involving it's
clearance this i will let you know immediately i get a feedback from them.
I am issueing a power of attorney on Constance name today. I have already 

discussed this with a Lawyer and i will see him for that today.
So i will brief you on all these later today.
Richard.

However, before Jeremy or Constance responds to this message, Mr. Mongosutu is sent a message by a new correspondent:
From: Dahlia Hawkins 

Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 8:37 AM
To: richygosutu@(deleted)
Subject:
sir,
i am connie hawkins's sister.  she has told me that she 

and my stupid half-brother jeremy are making arrangements with
you that will help you and your family get millions of dollars that are
rightfully yours but that have been tied up in spain because of all
the problems in africa. connie says that you are going to give she
and jeremy $3 million just for going to madrid and filling out some
paperwork. i think they are treating you horribly, taking advantage
of someone in a desperate situation. this is just like them. plus,
connie told me that she would give me a car once all this was over,
like i'm supposed to be falling over thanking her for her generosity
about a car while she and jeremy split three million dollars. no, sir,
she is a greedy leech who is always taking me for dumb, and i'm sick
of it.
i can go to madrid anytime.  i can do sign forms or do whatever 

my sister was going to do, and you don't have to give me 3 million
dollars. I'll do it for one million dollars ($US), that's two million more
for you and your family. you just tell me where i need to be and when,
and tell them that you've found another partner
i don't think connie told anyone else about your 

arrangement. she thinks she can trust me because we're sisters.
ha.
dahlia hawkins

Unaware of Dahlia's intrusion into the deal, Jeremy responds to Mr. Mongosutu a while later:
From: Jeremy Freese 

Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 11:20 AM
To: 'richard mongosutu'
Cc: 'constance_hawkins'
Subject: RE: It is okay but..........

We look forward to hearing from you.  Constance tells me she 

is going to be quite busy for the next couple of days so I don't
know if she will have the opportunity to e-mail you directly. I
have arranged to send her some money to cover her expenses
if she needs to stay in Madrid for more than the time she had
originally planned on being there. Again, I am assuming that I
will be reimbursed for this later. Please let us know as soon as
possible when final arrangements have been made, and let us
know where Constance needs to go in Madrid. We are excited
that it looks like we will be able to wrap up everything in a few
days, and we are thankful that you have given us this opportunity
to assist you.

--Jeremy

No comments: