Friday, August 29, 2003

a new job for only $29.95

Message in my inbox last night:
Dear Student,
Are you interested in working part-time during the academic year? Would

you like to work during your free time? Would you like to get paid
between $5 and $100 for completing simple 10 to 25 minute surveys every
day? Would you like to earn between $50 and $200 for participating in 30
minutes to 2 hours on-line forum discussions?
If your answer to all these questions is YES, then I would be happy to

hear from you soon!
We offer you THE PERFECT JOB! Work from the comfort of your own

computer, determine your working time, express your opinion freely about
different kinds of products and services, and be paid well!
To start, you just need to have the willingness to share your honest

opinion, earn some additional cash, and have a computer with Internet
Access!
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Michael Sullivan

Since I don't need this job (yet), I thought I would pass it along to Dahlia, who is always looking for cash. Sure enough:
michael -- ooh, this sounds exciting.  i'm definitely interested in doing 

surveys for money. i love surveys. and i love MONEY. let me
know what I need to do to start earning MONEY. dahlia.

Today in her inbox:
Hi,
Thank you very much for your interest. 

Please go to our web page to get more info!
http://www.ktyrecruitment.com
Looking forward to doing business with you!
Michael Sullivan

http://www.ktyrecruitment.com

But, if you click on the website, you can see there is a catch to having all the cash start rolling in. Dahlia isn't about to pay up front, so she replies:
hi, michael.  the website says i need to pay you $30 before i 

can start making money doing surveys. when i worked at the
winkydog restaurant back in my hometown, i had to buy my own
uniform and winkydog hat, but it just came out of my pay rather
than me having to do it in advance. could we have the same kind
of arrangment with your company, where you'd just get the first $30
out of the surveys i do?
i really think i'd be a great survey-doer and sure could use the 

money. i appreciate your help.
love, dahlia

Dahlia says she'll let us all know if her new pal/prospective employer Michael responds.

No comments: