Friday, December 19, 2003

no longer mad at nader, #1

I just filled in the online survey of the Nader exploratory committee. In addition to checking the "NO" box for whether I wanted Nader to run, I typed the following in the "Comments" box: "Please, please, please, PLEASE do not run. I will no longer recycle if you decide to run, and I will even begin throwing my used batteries into the trash. So, basically, the earth hangs in the balance here."

Having gotten that out of my system, however, I am going to try to work on letting my Nader anger go. Henceforth, I am going to confront my Nader issues instead with love. I will love Ralph Nader if he runs, as well as all of his supporters. Their heart is in approximately the right place, after all. They do want a better world.

I will express my love for them at every opportunity, in profuse and ultimately awkward ways. I wish Nader were here right now, as I would give him a big hug and maybe reach out and muss up his hair a little in a playful manner. Maybe I would even poke at his stomach in that jocular Pillsbury dough boy sort of way. Love! Love is the answer!

No comments: