Thursday, December 25, 2003

dispatch from the freese family farm, iowa

[part of phone call last weekend]
Hey, what kind of pop are you drinking these days, I'll pick some up.
Diet Pepsi Twist.

[call back, next day]
Hey, I'm going over to Fort Dodge shopping. When you said the Pepsi Twist, was it the regular or the diet?
Diet Pepsi Twist, Mom.
[...]
So, the diet, right?
Yes, Diet Pepsi Twist.

[soon after arriving home, I go to get a soda from the refrigerator downstairs. then I come back upstairs, soda in hand.]
Mom, remember when you called up just to ask me whether it was regular Pepsi Twist or Diet Pepsi Twist?
Didn't I get you the diet?
It's fine. But what you got is, um, regular Pepsi Twist.
[looking at can] I thought that was the diet.
No, the diet is in a light blue can and, you know, has the word "diet" on it sorta up here. In red, I think. Don't worry about it.
You know, I had the darnedest time in Hy-Vee finding the Twist, that Diet Pepsi Twist.
I'm sorry. Although, you know, technically Mom, you didn't actually find the Diet Pepsi Twist, this is the regular Pepsi Twist.
[...]

No comments: