Wednesday, December 10, 2003

jeremy's strange obsession for this week

Outkast's "Hey Ya!" I have listened to this song somewhere around one hundred times in the last few days. I'm trying to figure out whether it is really the gorgeously intricate song it strikes me as being, or whether I'm just being peculiar in my aesthetic predilections once again. Here, have a listen to me obsessing about it:

Powered by audblogaudio post powered by audblog

Update, Wednesday, 7AM: Okay, I actually logged this morning on to delete this post because I thought it was a little too eccentric even for me. Who knows who could stumble across this weblog, after all? But then, when I check my e-mail, I see that two readers have already sent in affirmations! Check them out:

From Bigboi, OH: "i was just thinking tonight about how much i liked that outkast song. i
shit you not. i've been hearing it more and more over the past few weeks.
it's pretty catchy. i like the dinky xylophone-like part best..."

From Andre, WI: "i too am obsessed with 'hey ya.' i'm particularly fascinated by how the chorus manages at once to be both jubilant and haunting at the same time. actually, the entire double album is pretty great, in my opinion." This e-mail gets bonus blog points because it's subject line is the best lyric in the song: "Lend me some sugar, I am your neighbor."

So, it's not just me. Indeed, I feel strangely one with the zeitgeist.

No comments: