Sunday, April 11, 2004

stood
miss

A local reader has e-mailed to pooh-pooh this morning's exchange about dorkdom:
Wow. I never knew all that was involved in being a huge dork. Not that I was ever all that "cool,", but I guess I always just figured that it was a relatively loose claim to make about oneself. How wrong I was, indeed. But I will say this - if being nitpicky, overly critical, and self-righteous is what it takes to be crowned queen or king, you both have some serious competition in the sociology department.
Hmph. It's not being nitpicky, overly critical, and self-righteous that is the issue; it's being nitpicky, overly critical, and self-righteous about totally dorky things. This was posited as central to the dork concept in recent research on dorks conducted right here in the University of Wisconsin-Madison Department of Sociology.

No comments: