Thursday, April 22, 2004

iTunes iNsomnia, early evening edition





A weblog reader recently encouraged me to download "Light & Day/Reach for the Sun" by The Polyphonic Spree. As she warned me would happen, it's a song that I thought was completely cheesy the first couple of times I listened to it, and then before I knew it I had already listened to it 20 times (see my "Play Count" in the screenshot above for proof).* It's just so sunny!

I can imagine John Cusack standing in the pouring rain holding a boom box over his head playing that song in an effort to win back a girlfriend who has been abducted by a cult dedicated to positive thinking.

Actually, as you can also see from the screenshot, something about the crowd-chorus of "Light & Day" also caused me to decide to download Jay Z's "Hard Knock Life," which I did only because the original version from the Annie soundtrack was not available on iTunes.

* Actually, the play count on iTunes can underestimate the extent to which one has played a song, because it only counts songs if you play them all the way to the end. Someone with as short of an attention span as me will often switch to another song 2-3 minutes (or 20-30 seconds) in, which then won't be counted.

No comments: