Thursday, April 15, 2004

feeling
whelmed

[This post was originally intentionally left blank, and was supposed to be just the above title. Then I posted the update(s) below.]

Update, 11:30am: A reader from Yummy Spinach, CT asks "How is whelmed different from overwhelmed?" Whelmed is indeed a word, meaning (and etymologically preceding) the same thing as overwhelmed. However, the title of this post is not actually "feeling whelmed," but:

feeling
whelmed


which you are supposed to read as "feeling over whelmed." I know, I'm endlessly clever. Just like a few days ago when I had the post with the title:

stood
miss


This was supposed to be read as "miss under stood."

Update, 12:30pm: The reader from Yummy Spinach, CT writes back to say:
stand

I
pardon those of us who are
concerned

ly
with your well-being.

No comments: