Thursday, April 22, 2004

liberated from the social science building

Today, I worked on my lecture from home. Then, a half hour before my class, I printed out my lecture, put my laptop in my bag, drove to campus, parked my car, and went to the building where my class is held. I set up my laptop and did my lecture (not even getting to the material on missing data that I had spent over two hours today figuring out). Then, when I was done with my lecture and answering questions afterward, I walked to my car and drove back to the RV.

This is the first time ever that I've taught without setting foot either before or after in my office in social science. I used to go up there every day and be there for more than 12 hours a day, every day. Now, I'm becoming increasingly comfortable work here from the RV. The only unfortunate thing about working here today is that I'm out of cheese and nuts--I should have stopped at Whole Foods on the drive home.

No comments: