Sunday, January 11, 2004

the power of song

I just started to download Apple's iTunes software for Windows and saw that this is part of the licensing agreement:
THE APPLE SOFTWARE IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES, AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION OR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEMS, LIFE SUPPORT MACHINES OR OTHER EQUIPMENT IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF THE APPLE SOFTWARE COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE.
I thought I was just downloading a way of buying music over the Internet, but apparently there must be settings that activate some additional sinister functionality.

Update, 9:30pm: BTW, the whole reason I downloaded iTunes was so that I could legally get this "Milkshake" song that a reader from Boise, ID e-mailed me to say was the best thing since "Hey Ya!" After listening to it, I can assure other readers who have not heard it that "Milkshake" is no "Hey Ya!"

No comments: