Tuesday, January 06, 2004

poignant quote of the day, along with some unstated implications

"One thing I want to make clear: Luck had nothing to do with it. It was truly a blessing, truly a blessing," says Rebecca Jemison, Ohio winner of an $162 million dollar state lottery jackpot.

"Sure, God says he loves everyone who plays the lottery," she did not go on to add, "but he loves me the most. Me!"

"You think you've got a friend in Jesus?" she did not proceed to taunt a passerby, "I've got a friend in Jesus. You've got a kindly acquaintance. He's best friends with me, only me!"

"Remember when you bought your ticket?" she did not continue, shouting after the passerby, "Remember the little prayer you said before the numbers were drawn? Well, that telephone is still ringing, because he decided to pick up the call from me instead!"

No comments: