Sunday, January 25, 2004

no in-between for geek colleen

Okay, my own life has been pretty boring the past few days, even by its usual standards, meaning that I am running low on weblog material. So, just like when Johnny Carson would go to Wimbledon or Rush Limbaugh goes to drug rehab, I thought I could at least bring in a guest host. So I thought I would check and see what Geek Colleen, the Canadian teenager whose weblog I stumbled across one day (a post a long time ago), has been up to. Here's the most exciting thing that happened to her in the past week:
So yesterday was DAVID BOWIE! It was SO awesome. Awesome to the point where it was so awesome that I wanted to cry which is pretty [deleted]ing awesome if you ask me...

[The opening act] Macy Gray was the worst live act I have ever seen in my entire life. period. Yes worse than "Cobra High" [here's a link in case you, like me, don't get the reference]. First of all, I hate that kind of music. Secondly, her hair so [deleted]ing huge and it looks like a sea creature. Thirdly her lyrics suck, that "i thought you'd call" or whatever song made me lose any respect I ever had for her, a woman who has sex with someone who she thinks will call back but doesn't is an idiot because you shouldn't be [deleted]ing guys you barely know, its a) just not right and b) [deleted]ing stupid and c) a good way to get all sorts of diseases. Fourthly anyone could sound like her, the sound of someone who smokes like 50000000 packs a day is not unique and is not pleasant. Fifthly during "oblivian" they had these stupid cards with the lyrics written on them and it was so obviously a bob dylan rip off and it was an awful song and apparently macy gray doesn't know how to speak english, her lyrics are written so poorly with such horrible grammer that I literally found it appalling. Sixly (is that a word?) her set was like 20 thousand years long and after about five seconds of the first song I wanted her to get off the stage...

BUT, Bowie was GREAT! Every song was PERFECT and WONDERFUL. And he was so awesome...

No comments: