Monday, July 21, 2003

g thing

My friend Johnny G (scroll down for photo) just e-mailed to say he has run the recent "Nadir" entry from my weblog through the Snoop Dogg Shizzolator. The result:

For me, da most disheartening moments as a sociologist are when I read a paper 'n think, "Perhaps that shiznit's a gravy thing that sociology is not taken mo' seriously by da public, because if that shiznit wuz I would has worry 'bout da considerable potential fo' this paper kill muthas if its ill-reasoned claims or recommendations wuz acted upon n' shit."

Which is better put than my own rendition of the point. All this makes me nostalgic for the days when I was endeavoring to be Freaktoastt J, the first rapper to come straight out of the Heartland. Instead of 8 Mile, my memoir-movie could have been Rural Route 2 or County Road N65. To be sure, many of the buildings back home are every bit as dilapidated as the scenes from Detroit in 8 Mile.

No comments: