Friday, February 06, 2004

forget my mother! adopt me!

Quite some time ago, I suggested that supporters for various Democratic candidates write my mother to try to sway her all important caucus vote. Now, apparently, as someone who will be voting in the Wisconsin Democratic primary, the fate of the final gasps of the Howard Dean campaign is apparently in my hands. (Who would have thought?) Since Dean has already long been soliciting to people to write to Democratic candidates, you can just cut out the middleperson and write to me directly:

Jeremy Freese
Department of Sociology
1180 Observatory Drive
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Madison, WI 53706


or my home address:

Jeremy Freese
That RV Parked Out in the Stuckey's Parking Lot
9345 Itinerant Drive
Madison, WI 53711


or you can just e-mail me, if you aren't so concerned with imbuing your appeal with the extra personal touch that only a posted letter can provide. The weblog has already switched endorsements once, so I seem a bit of an electoral wild-card. More to the point, that big $700,000 ad buy you are running in Wisconsin isn't going to reach me, because I don't watch TV except for special events (e.g., Super Bowls, preferably sans wardrobe malfunctions). So, again, if you don't want to see that special-safety-hot-dog-fork stuck in your candidate to indicate that it's all done, you better start churning out some persuasive appeals to me now.

No comments: