Monday, June 14, 2004

overheard

"My throat is a little sore."
"Oh, yeah?"
"Yeah, I went with [person name] to see this band play and had to show off my ability to get performers to play encores using the power of my lungs. She didn't believe that I was personally responsible when the guy went back to do a second encore, so I had to shout him back after he'd already started to step off the stage to do a third one."
"You promised you would only use that power for good."
"They were good, mostly. Anyway, it took a toll on my throat. I was thinking of going out and getting some ice cream to make it feel better."
"Getting ice cream is not going help your throat."
"It's cold--cold is good when your throat feels raw."
"Pee and honey would work much better."
"That is so sick. Do you apprehend how completely twisted and sick that is? I wish you would stop trying to pawn all these gross little folk remedies off on me. You can go and save your [bodily fluid name] and ingest it as part of whatever full-moon Wiccan healing ritual if you want, but I don't want any part of it. There is no way I am going to pour honey-sweetened urine down my throat."
"I said tea and honey."
Oh. Well, I'd still rather have ice cream."

No comments: