Saturday, June 05, 2004

for those tracking my whereabouts


(Madison to the family farm, 5:44 in Mapquest Time)


(Madison to the west suburbs of Chicago, 2:02 in Mapquest Time)

Turns out that I am not going back to Iowa this weekend after all. Upon trigenerational consultation with my mother, sister, and niece, we decided that attending the my niece's daughter's baptism was not so vital. So instead of making the five-hour-plus trip to the farm and back, in a couple weeks I'll make the two-hour drive to my niece's new home in the west suburbs of Chicago instead. Which is especially good because I'm already making the trip to the farm and back later this month for my class reunion.

What to do with the rest of my day? One thing is that, given the absence of television reception here in the RV, I think I'm going to go to a bar to watch Smarty Jones.

No comments: