Friday, June 23, 2006

sometimes i think my family doesn't understand me at all, and then sometimes...

...I get a shirt like this sent to me by Sister A:

native iowan shirt

I had it on without five minutes of opening the box. I may never remove it. Perhaps I will wear it under my clothes as my part of my secret superhero outfit.

Meanwhile, this would be an example of when I have felt less understood by members of my family.

Update: I didn't realize that the shirt would be hard to read in the mirror, so here (thanks Paulette):

nativeiowanshirt - flipped

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe it's just me, but it took me a while to figure out that the word in the state shape was Native, not Eviden. (It's the font, I swear!) See, Evidence sounds like something you might wear on a t-shirt, at least as a joke and in the privacy of your own home, sort of like I wanted Quinn to have a onesie that said "I am statistically significant."

But I couldn't get "ce" from Iowa, nor could I figure out what EvidenIowa meant, nor why anyone would bother to make a shirt that said it. IowaEviden wasn't much better, although I suppose there might be a market for it among trial lawyers who specialize in bankruptcies.

OK, I'm with you now. Don't mind me, I is just a bit slow.

Anonymous said...

What's your superhero name? Is it Corn Boy?

Anonymous said...

That's an interesting profile. Innocent, candid naif. I like it.

Anonymous said...

Corn Dog, surely.

Anonymous said...

hey, if you can't be a hoosier... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Boy, you look like an alien just off a UFO, with that eerie head and spooky limbs.

Anonymous said...

I hope you're compensating Tonya well for the self-portrait lessons!

(especially cool) Free t-shirts are what life's all about.

Anonymous said...

They have robot bear in Iowa?

Anonymous said...

Very cute. Great gift for you, that's for sure.