Sunday, June 04, 2006

(madison) just checking

Shorts and argyle socks: never okay, right? Not even if you already carry oneself as an eccentric-academic-type-with-little-clothes-interest-or-taste?

Argyle socks have been a major innovation in Jeremydress over the past eight months, as I've bought a bunch of pairs and have them now as my daily sock default. However, bringing only one pair of regular white socks for this Madison-Aspen-Madison was egregiously shortsighted with it being summer.

I'm staying at Sal's for this leg of my trip right now. He's away, but has left behind various distractions in his apartment that might crack my usually impregnable work ethic. I came to suspect this when I was trying to get several different things done the night before leaving for Aspen but still got ensnared by a dead-of-night HBO showing of Spiderman 2. As if cable TV wasn't dangerous enough, Sal has also left behind his guitar (along with Guitar for Dummies and Rock Guitar for Dummies) and various issues of the strangely fascinating Shih Tzu magazine. Suffice it to say I am up at my office now, as I needed to flee here to get anything accomplished.

10 comments:

Tonya said...

Please wear the shorts and argyle socks today. And then let me take a photo for my blog.

Please

marc said...

This is tough, because anything is better than white tubes, right? But I cast aside my argyles for summerwear, just waiting for a jeans moment to put them back on again.

Is it too stylish to try hey-i'm-an-athlete-really "no show" footies?

Anonymous said...

You might want to get some of those male-garters that attach just below the knee, as well.

dorotha said...

if you were cool, you would just wear the argyles. but, only with your chuck's. not with any of the other shoes you have with you.

Ang said...

Am I missing something here?

1. It's like 76 degrees outside. Who needs socks?

2. Did you suddenly take a massive pay cut? If you want different socks, buy some freaking socks.

Anonymous said...

I take it the argyles are all the same color, so when one goes missing you don't start to wear mixed sets. Otherwise, what with your peeling pate this could result in the Pied Professor.

jeremy said...

No, they are even all different argyles, so when one goes missing that's it except for Mismatch Day.

I ddin't bring my Chucks, unfortunately.

I will probably buy more white socks, yes.

dorotha said...

swipe sal's socks

jeremy said...

I will not steal another man's socks.

Anonymous said...

thank you for not stealing my white socks!

-sr