Friday, June 23, 2006

no, i am not going to simulblog a dissertation defense

Even if I am participating in the defense by phone and even if the defender-in-question is herself a blogger. Still, everyone should click on over to Constance's blog for a moment and congratulate her.

Presumably this will be the only dissertation defense in which I will ever participate that includes the following exchange between faculty: "Are you really thinking about getting braces?" "No! I've learned that it's already bad enough that I'm circumcised!"

7 comments:

dorotha said...

this is hilarious! connie is a weird one.

jeremy said...

Connie was only indirectly responsible for that exchange. The faculty are weird ones.

dorotha said...

i assume it was you and not the other (all women) committee members who made the comment about being circumcised.

jeremy said...

Women can be circumcised, Dorotha, although the terms for it vary. In some parts of the world it is extremely common and the source of some controversy.

Ang said...

So I've heard.

Anonymous said...

Jeremy, I don't like to think of you like that.

Anonymous said...

No pictures, please ..... (you dandelion, you).