Tuesday, June 20, 2006

(back in cambridge) the insider



I have apparently won the election to be a Council member for the Social Psychology Section of ASA. Yes, I am surprised by this too.

The general election results are available here. No real surprises, but I was still hoping that my dissertation advisor might win one of the seats for ASA Council, especially after he had reportedly been endorsed as "muy simpatico" by a prominent member of the SWS listserv. Indeed, he was the only candidate for which I voted, even though you could vote for up to four--nothing against any of the other people, but if he ended up losing by only one vote, I didn't want it to be because of me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew, the sweat-salt in my eyes!! For a blurry second I 'read' you were on the [Cambridge] Council for Social Pathology. Thank God you are really where no trouble will be caused.

Anonymous said...

What about the stupid prize-renaming resolution? Also, where are the section results? Inquiring minds want to know.

Anonymous said...

Stupid anonymous, there it is in front of your nose:

Voters overwhelmingly approved four amendments to the Association’s bylaws, and by a narrower margin approved renaming two ASA awards: the ASA Distinguished Career of Scholarship Award will now be the W.E.B. DuBois Distinguished Career of Scholarship Award, and the DuBois-Johnson-Frasier Award will now be the Cox-Johnson-Frasier Award.

Gaah.

Anonymous said...

Gaah,
You didn't answer question about section results.