Tuesday, November 02, 2004

i woke up this morning feeling...

...optimistic! Which always means the same thing: doom awaits. Alas.

If there is one rule that has borne itself out without variance in my life: When something seems like it can just as likely go either way, and one way is a Good Way and the other is a Bad Way, the only times when it ever goes the Good Way are when I am convinced that it won't. Ergo: Kerry is doomed. At least he made a good fight of it.

I am going to a couple of election parties tonight. I was invited to several more. I've been living in this town almost four years, and while no one in Madison has yet to think of including me in anything on Halloween or New Years' Eve (unless you count bring-a-date invitations where I am the date), I am apparently much more cognitively prominent on election night.

Anyway, I'm going to these parties, but I might have to make a run for the door if the early indications are unfavorable. In that case, I'm thinking I might spend tonight making little greeting cards that I will later send to certain pro-choice Bush-supporters whenever Roe v. Wade gets sufficiently overturned that the Reddest Red States can outlaw abortion.

3 comments:

dorotha said...

i am not optomistic. i am considering throwing up all over myself, but i didn't eat breakfast, so it will be all bile.

Anonymous said...

did you notice that your fellow madisonian blogger (althouse) was featured in an op-ed in today's NYT? since you are listed as a link at her site, i guess that means one degree of separation from celebrity. the question: will this op-ed lead to an increase in JFW hits?

jeremy said...

Although we have some strong differences of political opinion, I was very happy to see Ann get a nod in the New York Times. I was especially pleased to see her featured above InstaPundit, because, while her rise has occurred in no small part through frequent links from his site (and now a guest appearance there), she's always been smarter and a better writer than he is.