Tuesday, November 30, 2004

another casualty of impromptu science

From CNN.com:
"KENT, Washington (AP) -- A man who placed a lava lamp on a hot stovetop was killed when it exploded and sent a shard of glass into his heart, police said.

Philip Quinn, 24, was found dead in his trailer home Sunday night by his parents.

'Why on earth he was heating a lava lamp on the stove, we don't know,' Kent Police spokesman Paul Petersen said Monday."


Anonymous said...

It is rather obvious - he couldn't afford to buy any LSD - accelerating the flow of the 'lava' alters consciousness - he was seeking a trip to the moon while never having to leave his apartment -

Anonymous said...

Dorotha In Waiting

Wouldst thou lieth with me in sweet repose
to wantonly shedeth thine clothes?
Wouldst thou haveth me adorn thy lovely locks with a rose and with chocolate glaze anointeh thy pink little toes?

Wouldst thou seeketh my love of Nina to cleave
and maketh her weep my embrace to leave?
What dost thou truly have up thy sleeve
that maketh her thy pet peeve?

Alas! my heart teareth and rendeth apart
lusteth thou with such a driving cunning art!
kneadeth not my senses like a lemmon tart
and hauleth me not like lamb to slaughter in a cart!


Anonymous said...

For an answer to Mr. Petersen's "why?" question, one need not look beyond the CNN tagline: Kent, Washington.

For the non-Pacific Northwest folks, Kent is a city name virtually synonymous with mullets, pickup trucks, and bad beer in a can. (To be fair, part of this reputation can be traced to the influence of "Almost Live!," a Seattle-based SNL knockoff that made Kent a frequent butt of jokes. The Green River Killer probably didn't help Kent's reputation, either.)

Rhymes With Scrabble said...

I'm guessing the bulb was burned out and he was trying to heat the globe on the stove. They should be looking for the base.