Wednesday, November 03, 2004

hey, ann, one more thing...

...Nina and I were at the same pro-Kerry party last night. As the mood of the party started on its sullen slide, someone there asked whether anyone in attendance knew anyone who voted for Gore last time who was voting for Bush this time, and most people in the room shook their heads.* Nina and I, however, both immediately piped up and said, "I know someone in the law school."

* I've been asked this parlor-trick-question before, as a way of suggesting that Kerry was going to win. Even before the disconfirming evidence of, you know, the actual results, I never thought it meant much of anything, as it would seem to say far more about the social circles of those being asked than about the electorate per se.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Zogby is ringing any cell phones this morning? Did I hear that the U of Va registered a .98 hit with their numbers regarding a bunch of the elections? Oooooh, them Statistas in the ol' commonwealth are smokin', ain't they??

Anonymous said...

On the bright side, we can look forward to having the Clintons back in Washington in 2008.