Monday, July 17, 2006

one way or another, this problem is going to get solved, and fast. (that said, it would get solved even faster if you helped.)

My fan has apparently broken. It was way too sweltry here in my bedroom. This is a big part of the reason I am not now asleep and why, consequently, I will probably be more surly and less productive tomorrow. If you are in the Cambridge area and have a car, you should consider taking me somewhere where I can buy an air conditioner. Name your price, if altruism is insufficient. Getting this done is a priority, so I have massive time flexibility.

Seriously, I am paying way too much on this place to be contemplating where there is any way I can set things up so I could sleep in my office. Plus, that would have to be a serious rules violation and could get me booted from here. Do you really want my explusion from Cambridge on your head? Or my potential death from heatstroke? If you haven't read Eric Klinenberg's Heat Wave, it's the guys who live alone that are the most likely to go.

Also, just to be explicit: please.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am meeting with a student at 1pm, after which my only plan for the day is to meet with you to talk about genetics and social structure. So, consider yourself helped...

Anonymous said...

as with trips to/from Logan, there's always a taxi if you need to get from 'a' to 'b'. also, does Cambridge have ZipCars?

john said...

Not only will I drive down, but I'll hook you up with a Target discount for your new fan.