Saturday, July 15, 2006

brief stata geek update

syntax highlighting
(what automatic syntax highlighting looks like in practice--also, for that matter, what my data analytic work looks like, in practice. seriously, if you do anything remotely intense in Stata, it makes work easier and, at least in my opinion, more enjoyable.)

Last week I recommended UltraEdit as a text editor. For Stata users: I have much improved the available syntax highlighting files for use with Stata. The code is currently available towards the bottom of my webpage, although with my currently preferred color configuration. I'll almost certainly continue to twiddle with the file.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What saddens me about that image is that it has nothing to do with our paper. * sniff *

But otherwise I'm happy to hear that you're liking UltraEdit. I'll use your enthusiasm to learn more about it!