Tuesday, October 26, 2004

what's got jeremy so neurotic today?

The neurosis that this talk has induced is hard to describe. Suffice it to say that going back to one's Ph.D. institution to speak is intimidating--or at least is wildly so for me. I'll be glad when it's over, especially since it ends the gauntlet of presentations I scheduled for myself to kick off this fall semester.
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 08:42:49 -0500

From: "Platter, Susan J"
To: SOC-GRADST-L@LISTSERV.INDIANA.EDU

Jeremy Freese from the Department of Sociology, Univeristy of Wisconsin

will be presenting at this week's Social Psychology, Health and Life
Course Seminar.
The title of this presentation is:

"Studying Social Psychology and the Life Course Using New Data from the
Wisconsin Longitudinal Study: Overview and Three Swift Illustrations."
The seminar meets in Room 100 of the Schuessler Institute of Social

Research Wednesday, October 27, 3:45-5:30. Hope to see you there.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

will a snack be provided??

Anonymous said...

"got numbers - will share if you care" - now that would be a catchy title for your presentation - even though I got a D in Soc 101 I realized early on that some poetics would spruce up the discipline and incite some passion, and not the kind that donut man is talking about either.

dorotha said...

positive inner dialogue, dude. that's the key. so i'm told.

Anonymous said...

Your mysteries I seek to unfold
may I be so brazenly bold
as to beg a kiss for some jam
and capture the moment on my video cam?
For you I have oh so many sweet treats
and will even rub your little feets
my heart is like burnished gold
and this by the donut man you've been told
it's by the polysci 101 room if you will
we'll gorge on love and have our fill

Anonymous said...

What kind of door prizes will you be giving out?

Will you be bringing any sweet Wisconsin swag?

oscar said...

(hehehe: I just got this email myself). And just to make you more nervous: I still remember exactly what you said when you were invited to give advice to certain group of first-years...