Friday, October 08, 2004

signs of an energized base, as well as the words of a seemingly potential swing voter in a battleground state

Tonight, immediately after the debate:



Then, I called the Freese Family Farm to get my dear mother's assessment. Note that my mother's 1968-1988 Presidential votes were for Nixon, Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Reagan, and Bush. In my most objective-reporterly voice, I asked what she thought. She started laughing. "Boy, it's sure funny to watch, isn't it?. I keep thinking, Are Republicans stupid? They actually feel safe with this guy?"* She says she wouldn't miss the third debate for the world.

* Really, truly, these were the first words out of her mouth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your mother sounds like the best kind of Republican supporter: sensible, realistic, and, most importantly, not an ideological idiot.