Friday, October 08, 2004

the harry potter dead pool is on!

From CNN.com:
LONDON, England (AP) -- "Harry Potter" author J.K. Rowling said Friday that one of her characters will not survive the next book in her series about the young wizard.

Asked on her official Web site whether she planned to kill off any more characters, Rowling replied, "Yes, sorry." But she refused to identify that character.
I'm not sure how we'll handle entries yet. I'm hoping it will be Dumbledore (nothing against him, but it'd be the best for the story), but I'm not sure Rowling has the guts to do that.

6 comments:

dorotha said...

i hope it is a child that dies.

Anonymous said...

me too! child death rulez!

Rebekah Ravenscroft-Scott said...

I hope it is that nasty little long-haired girl that trapses around after Harry, I hate her! And I'm sure she's been mean to ponies in the not-so-distant past.

Corrie said...

I hope Dumbledore survives the next book so that in the last book he can sacrifice his own life to save Harry's and allow Harry to kill Voldemort.

It would good if Ginny's boyfriend dies, so that Harry could make a move on her.

Anonymous said...

I also think it will be Dumbledore (although a couple of other members of the order, including Neville, are going to get it before the fat lady sings). There are only 2 books left. Surely Rowling won't kill Dumbledore and Voldemort in the same book. Dumbledore will perish and then things will look really bad for the order until Harry pulls it together to save the wizarding world at the end of book 7.

Anonymous said...

I don't remember any of these characters from M*A*S*H. I think Radar will pass next.