Tuesday, September 07, 2004

fource!

Yes, my nonholiday-weekday streak of riding my bicycle to campus reaches a completely unanticipated fourth day! Take that, all you tut-tutting Two-or-Three-timers in my poll--you, doubters, are the wind beneath my wings.

Today, as I struggled my way up the western face of Mount Observatory, I once again thought of Lance Armstrong. I realize that there are significant body-type and fitness-level differences between him and me, but yet this didn't stop me from thinking: "Man, that guy has got to be doing some serious doping."

I was less successful in my first full day of trying to incorporate the phrase "It's all good" into my vocabulary. The always-be-tentative diction drilled into me during my academic training has proved a larger obstacle than expected. Today I did say "It appears all good" and "It's virtually all good" and, most unfortunately, "We are unable to reject the null hypothesis of it being all good."

3 comments:

nina said...

You should pick on the grammatical construct that has really spread like wildfire; why, our very own president (I know, I know he's not OUR president, but the reality is he still makes president-like decisions)uses it at least ten times in each five-sentence speech. There's many great examples of it; there's students in my class that use it; there's people out there like me and you that say it all the time... Oops, ran out of space. But great going on the Lance-wannabe thing! I'm sure there's reasons to believe that you'll bike daily from now on.

jnsys said...

way to go! (from someone in the 2-3 camp - totally random guess, of course :)

Eszter said...

It's all good Jeremy, eventually you'll work it into your language in its intended format.;)