Saturday, April 28, 2007

there is no i in wii

Okay, I just set up my Wii and played a game of tennis. This thing is hilarious. I have got to get a second controller and invite you over.

My elbow is a little sore, though, and I just played one game (which is literally one tennis game--not like a set or a match).

Note: Apart from half a semester of graduate school lost to Tomb Raider II, and another half of a semester lost to Ultima VI as an undergraduate, and being astonishingly good at Gorf on my Commodore 64 in seventh grade, I am not a video game player.

Update: Given that my Standard Shorter Loop running takes me within six blocks of the Cambridgeside Galleria, I took a little detour and bought a second controller. So now we can play doubles tennis. They didn't have an extra Nunchuck controller in stock, though, so we still can't box. Anyway, stop by. Let me know if you need any frequent flyer miles.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

But trendy you are...

Kieran said...

Gorf! I remember Gorf. The kids cross the road had a C64. Of course our family got to the computer revolution late, as usual.

Anonymous said...

Did you make a personalized avatar? That is the most essential part of wii-play!

jeremy said...

Kieran: Yes, I loved Gorf.

Anon: I did make my own Wii, although I did not try to make one that looked more than superficially like me, and even then focused on a younger me rather than using the couple of balding hairstyles it offered.