Wednesday, April 11, 2007

dispatch from the detroit airport

Because of the snow lamented in the last post, the Detroit-to-Madison leg of my flight was cancelled and I have been stranded in the Detroit airport for the past 5 1/2 hours. The flight on which I was rebooked looks like it might actually leave approximately on time, and people have been crowded right around the gate for at least the last half hour. I would think would be for some demented person to shout "There's a gremlin on the wing! They're going to cancel this flight, too!" in order for them to riot.

I can't believe I booked a spring trip to Madison and they went ahead and held a snowstorm anyway.

4 comments:

Corey said...

Sorry to hear about your travel problems. At least you're in an airport with some sources of amusement. You could be stranded in a worse place, like the Northwest terminal at Washington National or LAX.

Eszter said...

The 2+ hour delay at SFO was annoying, because in certain parts of that airport they have absolutely no electrical outlets. I don't even need to go online, but please give me access to my data set so I can have some fun.

Ken Houghton said...

You do realise, don't you, that the snowstorm is in your honour?

They know you've been living in Boston/Cambridge, so they're trying to make you feel at home.

Anonymous said...

I booked an April trip to FLORIDA and had to dodge a snowstorm. I don't want to hear it.