Tuesday, January 17, 2006

generation gap

Here are the numbers of the census I took of the photographs on display in the two most prominent display locations at Freese Family Farm [counter, refrigerator]:

Mother and/or father: 0
Child #1 [son]: 0
Child #2 [daughter]: 0
Child #3 [daughter]: 0
Child #4 [daughter]: 0
Child #5 [daughter, deceased]: 2
Child #6 [son, weblog author]: 1 (post-Ph.D., but pre-Lasix)
All children together: 1
Grandchildren [7 total]: 0
Great-granddaughter: 13

Granted, she is very cute.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think we have any family pics on the fridge. Wait, I'll go look.

Woops, I'm wrong. One pic of adorable eldest daughter in preschool, whose name rhymes with scrabble.

Also a Calvin and Hobbes cartoon.

I guess the other kids were hurt the whole time they were home, but too polite to mention it.

Anonymous said...

my parents-in-law have lots of pictures on their fridge-- it's where they keep track of all the family. There is at least one picture of every aunt, uncle, and cousin, and of course pictures of their immediate family. What I found funny, when I visited over Christmas, though, was that the "person" with the most pictures up on the fridge (nobody had more than 3 appearances, counting both group and individual photos) was their "grandpuppy"-- my brother-in-law's dog. I teased them mercilessly about it while I was visiting, to the extent that by the time I left they'd put up a photo of one of our cats, the "grandkitten" :P
Stamie

jeremy said...

Stamie! It's been so long since I've heard from you! (Not to mention Allen, that elusive scamp!)