Monday, January 02, 2006

call me a fair-weather fan if you must, but i'm not going wandering out in the cold if it is just going to be a rout. besides, i've got work to do.

Running a little behind schedule today, I had just put on my Iowa sweatshirt and was rushing out the door to a local place to watch my beloved Hawkeyes play the Florida Gators in the Outback Bowl. I could see from the Auto-Refresh update on my monitor, though, that even though there was still 13 minutes left in the first quarter, Florida has just blocked an Iowa punt for a touchdown to go up 7-0. Now I think I might wait a few more minutes before deciding whether to go.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's not that cold out. go enjoy a walk before the snow that's coming tonight.

Anonymous said...

Have you taken to pronouncing your name 'freeze'? It's a beautiful day in Cambridge, guy.

Anonymous said...

surely "not" going wandering out in the cold?

Anonymous said...

For all you 'map tacks' in foreign strands, it's 38 degrees Fahrenheit in Cambridge.

jeremy said...

I did go out jogging today, so it's not like I'm claiming it's a day not to go outside. But I'm not going to walk out in the cold just to sit by myself in some bar and watch the Hawkeyes get routed.

(They ended up getting quasi-routed, as the score ended up being 31-24, but they were behind 31-7 at one point.)

Anonymous said...

and, sounds like they may have gotten screwed on a bogus offsides call after recovering an onside kick...

Anonymous said...

People don't sit in Cambridge bars by themselves (unless they really, really want to). You must be haunting a Somerville bar.