Monday, August 07, 2006

rundown



I just signed up for the Boston Half Marathon on October 8. This is the first time I have signed up for anything like this by myself. If there is anyone else reading this in the Boston area who is in for 13 miles of fun, let me know.

For that matter, I'm doing the 5 mile Race For The Cure on September 10. While I signed up believing I was running for the band responsible for "The Love Cats," turns out I'm running for breast cancer, which is ok too, so long as I get to still wear Cure makeup and do up my hair.

Sal and I were earlier thwarted by sold-out registrations from signing up for either the Chicago or Twin Cities marathons this fall. Now, because it looks like we will be in Dallas for the gerontology meetings the weekend before Thanksgiving, we are considering the possibility of running in Tulsa on November 19.

All this talk about running should be backed up by actual, you know, training. I did not run while I was in Madison. Worse, I think I screwed up my back somehow, and so, while I went out this morning with boundless enthusiasm, I didn't make it very far.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Easy does it .......

Anonymous said...

Be sure to email me before you go to Dallas. I can give you the 411 on restaurants, places to avoid, etc. One thing that Dallas does well is food!
JJ

Anonymous said...

robert smith might not look like a runner, but i know he'd dig the concept. and he's probably faster than me. as long as i can hear just like heaven, the forest, and jumping someone else's train at the water stops, the makeup and black nail polish is just gravy...