Wednesday, August 09, 2006

further evidence that right now is the most awesomely awesome time to be alive in the history of humankind

In my Inbox this evening:
Hello, Jeremy.

My name is Jamie Gaines, and I run a site called PeopleDoingTheRobot.com. As you might guess, the site is dedicated to pictures of people doing the robot.

I came across your picture here....

http://jeremyfreese.blogspot.com/carey_shamus_barbie.jpg

from the blog post at

http://jeremyfreese.blogspot.com/2004/08/other-questions-from-karaoke-night.html

and thought it would be perfect for the site. Would you mind if I post it?

The site is purely for goofy fun, and no pressure if you'd rather me not post it. I just thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

Jamie Gaines
PeopleDoingTheRobot.com
For those unfamiliar with the ways of Madison Sociology karaoke, the most frequently yelled phrase at the performer--since "Get off the stage, Jeremy" is, technically speaking, usually yelled at someone who is not the official performer at the time--is "Do the Robot!" There are only two other recurrent dance-demands, "Do the Breadmaker!" and "Do the Gecko!," and these are a distant second and third. Specific variants of the robot are sometimes called for, like "Do the Pregnant Teenage Robot!" during Madonna's "Papa Don't Preach" and "Do the Robot on the Second Floor!" during Suzanne Vega's "Luka."

Anyway, my response:
Sure, so long as you don't mind your e-mail appearing on my blog.

4 comments:

Careyoke said...

YESSSSSSS! So incredibly awesomely awesome!

Anonymous said...

I knew the robot would catapult all of us to karaoke stardom one day.
JJ

Anonymous said...

I want to see you do the robot doing the cabbage patch.

Anonymous said...

.... and I want to see you do the Iowa doing the corn field!