Thursday, August 03, 2006

(madison) while there are no plans most certainly no plans to turn my blog into a gratitude journal, still:

drake, me, tablet, baron

Sal and Julieta's dogs: generous with their affection
Sal and Julieta themselves: generous with their yogurt and granola
Jeremy: basking in the abovementioned generosity. Life is good. To repeat: Life is good.

Unrelatedly, recently Gwen said about her mother:
I can complain about my momma, but should you agree with me too enthusiastically, I will immediately turn on you and will defend her for the exact thing I was just bitching about, and will never quite forgive you for the offense.
I identified with this, although of course not with reference to my own momma, as I never complain about her (my mother is my hero). Rather, what goes for Gwen and "momma," goes for Jeremy and "sociology," if especially if the person joining in my complaint is outside the discipline. One obvious fact is that my social network is stocked full of sociologists whom I absolutely adore and respect. Beyond that, though, another fact is that sociology has been very good to and for me, and this I would perhaps do well remind myself of more often.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've started using the V05 Extra Body shampoo, haven't you?!

Lucy said...

I'm sorry!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the T-shirt gets no mention. Go Native T-shirt! Good pic!

jeremy said...

jlp: I'm not sure what that means. I don't actually use shampoo. I break an egg onto my head, rub it around with a pumice stone, and then wash it out.

lucy: I'm not sure what you are sorry about.

jeremy said...

eszter: I'm not sure if I'll be wearing it to any of the WLS festivities.

dorotha said...

i'm not even a sociologist anymore, and i feel the same way.

and connie. i feel that way about connie, too.

nina said...

Your head in the photo looks eerily like the cartoon head in your sidebar. Down to the light-blasted eyes. Spooky.
On the bright side -- it shows how little you've changed over the year(s). Are you standing still in the aging process? Wow. Must be the the "life is good" attitude. Or the yogurt and granola.

Sarahliz said...

Is nobody else positively terrified by the big glowing staring eyes from the cute little puppy on the right? I'd be afraid he was gonna eat me in my sleep.

Anonymous said...

He wears short shorts *to be sung to the Nair hair removal theme song*

I love your blog by the way!

Anonymous said...

Is it just me that hates little dogs and thinks they're only good for punting?

Anonymous said...

That sounds even better! What role does the eggshell play?

I've been looking for something to resolve the ongoing cradle cap issues of a friend. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Is it your year at Harvard? You look a little more lively between the eyes than afore.

Anonymous said...

You look super cute in that picture. i love you jeremy