Monday, August 21, 2006

radio killed the video star

The "efficient destiny" theory in economics includes among its predictions that only unattractive people will end up in radio in a world that also includes TV. This part of the theory has recently received its death blow, however, as the ever-incandescent Tonya has started doing radio. I am trying to figure out how to finagle my way into a guest spot onto her show. Anyone who has ideas for show topics on which I can be a suitable guest--keep in mind, I'm willing to make stuff up and pretend to be someone else if that's what it takes--should let me know.

Meanwhile, the "Second Law of Thermodorotha" states that Dorotha at rest tends to stay at rest. In defiance of physicists and nanotechnicians worldwide, however, Dorotha has recently started a real, live, stay-there-for-prescheduled-hours full-time job (which, it bears admitting, is something the proprietor of this blog has never done). What's more, she appears to be enjoying it: she was spotted this weekend handing out balloons for her job by someone who reported that she looked "together" and even, hold on to your monitors, "happy." Which itself is further evidence for a different theory that has always seemed to me like a supernatural belief but yet has also received empirical confirmation over and over again: on the whole, things tend to work out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeremy, I can see that this is going to be your next obsession: getting on Tonya's show. Not only are you blogging about it here, but within a few hours you left two comments on her blog about it.Maybe we should all rally around you getting on the show so we don't have to read about this theme inserted in various posts on here, posts that have nothing to do with Tonya or her show.

Of course, it is your blog and you're free to blog about any topic. I just thought I'd get a head start on teasing you about it.

Tonya said...

I'm gonna have to give careful thought to what I want from you in exchange for an appearance on the 8 O'Clock Buzz. Hmmm . . . let's see, maybe you could come by and cut down the weed-trees in my backyard. Or you could promise to post at least two comments on each post I put up for the next year.

dorotha said...

you know, i used to have a radio show, too. if you can make a time transporter, i will let you be a guest on my show. i think you would have enjoyed it. kids music on college radio.

also, i am doing better. i think a lot of it has to do with the significantly reduced number of seizures. well, that and i was handing out balloons this weekend. who isn't happy when giving children balloons?

jeremy said...

If I could make a time transporter, I'd go back and invent radio. Let them try to stop me from having my own show then.