Thursday, May 19, 2005

from madison: true story

Earlier today I was in the Paris airport wandering around during my four hour layover. A tall guy who looks maybe twenty years old comes up to me.

"Excuse me, but are you, um, Jeremy Freese."
"Yes" [said in that way where a person indicates they have no idea what's coming next]
"This is weird but, I saw you and... I read your blog."
"No way!"

Turns out his name was Isaac and he's a student at Swarthmore who is also from Madison. He was on his way to Dakar. I was sufficiently caught by surprise that I neglected to ask key questions like whether he really did recognize me just from the pictures of myself that have been posted on the blog (and, of course, the visage on the upper left of this page), or what about our shared Madison connection led him to my blog in the first place.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much money did he ask to borrow?

Anonymous said...

Jeremy now needs wraparound shades, a baseball cap, and a hooded sweatshirt to hide from the paparazzi and crazed fans who chase him around the world.

Next thing you know, they'll all be getting "I (heart) STATA (p<.05)" tattoos.

Anonymous said...

i can see it already - scores of j.freese look-alikes answering their "call"

Anonymous said...

But will they be sporting ASA and STATA tatoos ??