Friday, September 08, 2006

how can one man lose his cel phone so many times?

I'm talking about me, here, and my cel phone, not-here. Why do I keep misplacing it? Seriously, I'm looking for answers. And even more seriously, I'm looking for my cel phone.

(Incidentally, I am totally going to buy a Treo soon, and possibly would have even bought one on Monday's trip to the mall had there not been a queue for the Verizon sales reps. I was thinking buying one along with one of those services with a locator so I could use my phone to help me get directions when I got lost. Unfortunately, they don't make a model that will give you directions to your phone when it gets lost.)

(Incidentally incidentally, I remain resolute in my heterodox spelling as cel instead of cell phone, if for no reason other than to irk you, my dear reader. Consider me like the boy on the playground who pulls your lexical pigtails as his way of confessing that he loves you madly.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is classic JFW stuff - i vote that we start a best of jfw! maybe a top ten list?

-sr

jeremy said...

I will be in a better mood to contemplate entrants to my pantheon of top posts once I find my freaking cel phone.

Anonymous said...

Is there a band called the Lexical Pigtails? There ought to be.

Lucy said...

There was an article in the guardian a while ago about how you could stalk people by tracking their phone online. Maybe that would help you.

dorotha said...

um... not that i am a stalker or anything, but doesn't tracking people by number only work with land lines? i may or may not have tried it with cell phones before.

also, forget the problem of jeremy's abbreviation of cellular, what's with his totally snobified use of the word "queue?" do people in rural iowa use that, or do they say "line" like normal folks? talk about forgetting your roots.

finally, i don't care about my spelling and gramatical errors. so there!

Ang said...

Speaking of lines, I say "wait on line" like someone not from where I'm from. Weird.

Anonymous said...

My printer has a job 'queue' listing, snobby little contraption.