Friday, September 02, 2005

elsewhere

1. Eszter is guest blogging this week on Lifehacker. Here I thought hacking into my life, in the sense of an unauthorized expropriation of my time by others, was a chronic but undesired phenomenon, but it turns out instead that Lifehacks are a good thing meant to save time rather than suck it away.

2. Oscar has unearthed yearbook photos of me and my betrothed. Doesn't she look precious? You can see why hers is my Blog Of The Week every week. And don't I have a debonair mien about me, especially with all that well-groomed hair?

3. Ang has now enabled comments on her blog, which she's using to advertise the inaugural post-Jeremy karaoke event for Madison Sociology. After Katy's departure, she's also added a new co-conspirator named "kef"; no word on whether "kef" is connected to the mysterious "kep" who was a guest blogger for a week on NinaNet.

4. Cabell, elite mix CD artist and fellow member of a different sort of Ten Percent Society, sets up a JFW Live Journal feed.

5. Gwen tells the "Be Careful What You Wish For" story. Interestingly, I had heard this story perhaps as many as ten times before, and even re-told it at least twice myself, but this is the first time I've heard it [sic] from Gwen herself. (Gwen also provides some interesting reports of how the men of southern Utah relate to women here and here.)

(Blogs, while regular companions of mine, have been an especial refuge from obsessive following of the news from New Orleans. I also spent some time tonight re-reading Confederacy of Dunces, which is one of my favorite novels and takes place in New Orleans, but that ended up being more depressing as I imagined how helpless its protagonist would be right now. Ugh.)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ann's comment on #2 made me wonder which mixes include Freaktoastt J.

Props to Cabell for the "106 Miles to Chicago" mix!

Anonymous said...

Too early for 'obsessive'.

jeremy said...

Fair enough.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful day in Cambridge. Why not take a walk (vs a jog) and tell us what you see? now that you're one of us (Cantabigian, that is).

Anonymous said...

Cantabrigian, that is

Anonymous said...

Yes. Tell us about Harvard Square. And there's a great Degas show at the Fogg Museum right now. Maybe you can get in free with your Harvard ID. If not, get a Cambridge library card. You can get in free with one anytime.
Are you beginning to meet people in Cambridge?

jeremy said...

It is a gorgeous day here in Cambridge. I had a healthy constitutional to pick up my dry cleaning. At some point maybe I'll try to take some quirky photos or something, but I'm pretty focused on trying to get a work routine going here. In any event, I have not yet embarked on the task of Meeting New People, however that is done.

Anonymous said...

in some circles, "healthy constitutional" = a #2.

jeremy said...

Yeah, I'm not part of those circles. I meant it in its Word Of The Day sense, but I appreciate the opportunity for clarification.

Anonymous said...

Well, it will be difficult to take quirky photos in Cambridge. I can't imagine what you're seeing.
How to meet people: easy — so many of us here.

Unknown said...

ERP designing and Development company

Usman Awais said...

Best SEO Agency in Dubai
Best SEO Company in Dubai
Exports of Pakistan

Database System said...

Delivery Services in Dubai
Delivery Services