Wednesday, March 03, 2004

overheard

"I had a terrible dream about you last night. In the future, please don't drink so much that I think you are going to die and then have to pump your stomach for ten minutes until finally you turn into that woman who is in Pretty Woman."
"What? And which woman: the-protagonist-prostitute-with-a-heart-of-gold played by Julia Roberts or the street-smart-friend-prostitute-with-a-heart-of-gold played by Laura San Giacomo?"
"I was in a maze palace and I was with a bunch of people, including Rainbow. Actually I think that it was an enormous dollhouse. And she and I had to go and find you, but it was difficult because you were a fast moving, quickly dying, drunk. And once we found you, you were almost dead, not breathing etc. And we set up this elaborate system for pumping your stomach. And then there was this tremendous sense of relief when you actually started breathing again. That's when you turned into Julia Roberts and started dancing around and kissing everyone."

No comments: