Monday, March 22, 2004

me happy, when skies are grey

I saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind tonight. I don't think I look anything like Jim Carrey in that film. I did think that some of his mannerisms and ways of speaking sounded a little like me, although that's not really surprising since the story is based on something that actually did happen to me, albeit not with Kate Winslet.

It's an absolutely fantastic film. Really, truly, it goes into my personal hall of fame of special movie watching experiences. Several times in the past particular scenes in a film have caused me to get teary-eyed. This is the first time I remember ever that the general progression of the narrative made me get more or more teary, until near the end I had teardrops rolling down the side of my head like an 11-year-old-schoolgirl seeing Titanic for the first time. I doubt most viewers will find the film as moving and sad, but then again, they basically stole much of the plotline straight from Chapter 29 of my memoirs.*

Eek, going to that movie has put me way behind on my grading, which I must turn to next.

* Although not the scenes with the Frodo guy, Frodo is not in my memoirs.

No comments: