Tuesday, March 30, 2004

..................news flash......................



My niece has had a baby (a girl), making me a Great Uncle. I appear to be the last to know (I mean, besides you). My mother sent the following e-mail at 9:30pm Sunday, but, for unfathomable reasons, it didn't arrive in my inbox until 3:30 AM this morning (that is, 30 hours later).

-----Original Message-----

From: Ruth Freese [mailto:[deleted]@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2004 9:31 PM
To: Jeremy Freese
Subject:
NEWS FLASH...............[SISTER] CALLED AT 9:10, ............[NIECE]'S WATER 

BROKE AND SHE'S ON THE WAY TO THE HOSPITAL, HER DUE DATE WAS THE 25TH
.............................[SISTER] IS IN CEDAR FALLS , SAID SHE WOULD BE
LEAVING FOR DES MOINES IN 45 MIN. TO BE WITH [NIECE]................HOPEFULLY
WE WILL HAVE A NEW BABY TOMORROW...........LOVE, MOM
Curses Hotmail! Perhaps my mother's insistence on using 12 or more periods for an elipsis set my spam filter askew.

Anyway, I just talked to my mother on the phone, and the baby has yet to be named. The leading contender pre-birth was Madeleine Elizabeth, which would violate my own aesthetic principle that first and middle names (if not family names) should have different numbers of syllables. My own preferred name, Marlisthesia, has apparently dropped out of contention.

No comments: