1. What is your favorite aspect of sociology?I think that for #7, my answer is just: "No worries, mate." (Not only for the implied eternal benefit, but also because it would vindicate my theory that God is Australian.)
2. What is your least?
3. What turns you on [creatively, spiritually or emotionally] about your work?
4. What turns you off?
5. Do you have a “side profession” that you dabble in other than sociology?
6. What advice would you give to your “younger grad school self” if you could go back in time?
7. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Tuesday, October 02, 2007
inside the sociologists' studio
I'm on the schedule to speak at the proseminar Northwestern has for its first-year graduate students. According to the e-mail, in addition to discussing research projects, thoughts about graduate school, and perspective on the profession of sociology, professors will also be asked to answer the following questions (apparently inspired by the show Inside the Actors' Studio, which I've never seen):