Friday, December 15, 2006

my contribution to eszterfeszt

Today is Eszter's birthday. She put out her gift request awhile back:
I’m well aware of the comment “There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age eleven.” Nonetheless, if you care to contribute to my upcoming celebrations, I’m collecting photos of the number 3 from around the world. So email me one if you can (or better yet, post one on Flickr and send me the link). (Yes, I know I can find tons of 3s on Flickr, but these would be from you to me.:)
Okay, Eszter, this one is from me to you. My apartment is number 3, so that's easy enough to consider personalized. And we both have ThinkPads, so I can work that in. And you love Flickr, so I can pull up a photo of the two of us from your Flickr page. And, hey, maybe I can balance it just so there will be three fingers showing in the photo. Happy birthday!

ej3

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaah, Jeremy, that's so sweet! Thanks! And just in time for me to go and tweak the photo to make of it what I really need: 33s. But I didn't think it made sense to ask people for that.. that seemed too difficult. So I'm going to do a copy of the 3 and make it a 33. I've done that on other photos people have taken, it's been fun. Anyone not following the significance of the 33 here can try to use their imagination a bit harder.:)

Thanks, Jeremy, this is a great gift!

jeremy said...

I've got three fingers and the numeral three! Why doesn't that count?

Anonymous said...

Because most people are not nearly as astute as you are.:) Perhaps I should do a copy/paste of the fingers as well.;-)

Just to clarify, it certainly counts, just not in that way.

Anonymous said...

When I read this post, there were three comments. I took a picture of my monitor for Eszter's birthday. (She shares a birthday with 2 of my dearest friends!)
Here's the photo.

It's not the best photo, but the number 3 appears on the door and one next to "comments."

Happy Birthday, Eszter!

(If you're reading this: Happy Birthday, Lori! Happy Birthday, Mischelle!)

jeremy said...

Janelle Renee: Great idea. Also, I've now changed the time stamp of the post to make it yet more Eszterrific.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Janelle, that's great! I also took a screen shot of it when it had three comments.. but just to have a copy to blog tomorrow. (Screenshot of a blog post in a blog post, ooh.) I appreciate it, your photo is cooler than my screen capture since it's got a bit of the surroundings as well, plus that interesting slant.:)

Jeremy, thanks for the additional threeness in there.:-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Eszter!

-sr