Friday, December 01, 2006

squish

oozy 8 ball

I've been missing Madison lately. I'm working on making a trip back there later this month. (No, no karaoke. I'm retired.) As if my nostalgia pangs weren't enough, Eszter sent me a great gift: a special squishy Magic 8 ball. Which provokes nostalgia because I have my collection of 20-odd variations on the Magic 8-ball, sitting along the top of my cupboard in my Madison office. I have never actually used them for any kind of grading decision, tempting 'tho it may have sometimes been. In any case, Madison is December is not exactly Madison at its most appealing, but it will be delightful to see people and will hopefully allow Real Progress to be made on a certain project which could definitely use some Real Progress.

If you'll be in Madison, it would be wonderful to see you. It's been too long.

5 comments:

dorotha said...

if i look at the picture of your magic eightball very closely, it looks like it might be telling you "absolutely." is that how you decided to come to madison?

jeremy said...

I did, indeed, choose "Absolutely" deliberately as the 8-ball outcome to show in the photo, so yes.

Ang said...

I'm reasonably sure I'll be gone by the time you get here, but I hope you have a good trip anyway...

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked it, it just screamed Jeremy to me when I saw it in the store.

So what's up with the yellow/black scarf when this post is about how you miss Madison? Am I confused about Big 10 colors or are you? (Should've gotten you some purple NU gear when you were in Evanszton!)

carly said...

I'm perfectly willing to accept no Karaoke this time -- but total retirement? Isn't that a bit extreme?