Thursday, November 13, 2003

damned if i dew

Some time ago, at a Superbowl Party, there was a Mountain Dew commercial that was so hideously stupid that Erin and I vowed, immediately, that neither of us would ever, ever again drink Mountain Dew again (or, any of its spinoff products, such as Diet Mountain Dew, Caffeine-Free Mountain Dew, or, later, Mountain Dew: Code Red and Mountain Dew: Special Victims Unit). Last night, however, I was involved in a complicated dinner take-out mix-up that involved someone else walking away with my beverage and me walking away with theirs, and their beverage, I discovered after a fateful swallow, turned out to be Mountain Dew. What to do? I feel like I've breached the wall of moral turpitude, and now the rest of my life is going to be a slow tornado-slide ride down into deeper and deeper circles of hell.

No comments: