Wednesday, January 19, 2005

from detroit: there but for the grace of corrie

My friend Corrie and I couldn't coordinate our schedules to have any kind of proper get-together while I was in Berkeley. However, she offered to drive all the way from her abode near Stanford to Berkeley just to give me a ride to the (San Francisco) airport so that we would have a chance to talk on the drive. As a result of this plan, I arrived at the airport 3 1/2 hours ahead of the scheduled departure time of my flight; otherwise, of course, I would have hung out in Berkeley and gone to the airport later. However, when I got to the airport, I discovered that the flight to Minneapolis was already so delayed that I was going to miss my connection, and Northwest had already booked me on the first flight out tomorrow. This would have meant I would have missed a second day of class and who knows what else. Becuase I was so early, however, I was able to just make a flight to Detroit--literally, and I will be back in Madison tonight and in the classroom tomorrow. So, Corrie, I don't know if you are still reading my blog, but you rock.

Of course, having to run to catch the Detroit flight meant that the 3 1/2 hours I was planning to spend working on the syllabus has been greatly reduced. Worse, I had planned on using an outlet at the San Francisco airport to fully charge my laptop, but since I didn't get a chance I wasn't able to work on my computer more than a half-hour on the flight. So, a late night tonight.

Dear Readers: Sorry that my posts have been more updately and less amusing than usual. It's hard to be funny outside of Madison, where whimsy floats in the air like a wacky winter pollen.

2 comments:

Corrie said...

Don't know if I'm still reading your blog?!? I posted a comment just last week about your stars-for-emphasis footnote abuse.
And a further thought on that topic. What symbol did you choose? Stars. It's all about the p-value with you, isn't it.
But when is Blogger going to come up with a footnote function?

dorotha said...

holy fricking crap! i have to second jessica's delightfully SCA comment.